Monday, July 29, 2013

Good Eats and The Outdoors!!

Good Morning Friends !

I thought it would be fun to get a little personal with all you lovely followers ,
and share some of our weekend highlights!
On Friday , 
Marc( boyfriend) and I went to one of our favorite local eatery's in
the Bay Area,"The Surf Spot".



This restaurant opened less than a year ago ,
and has been a hit not only in the Pacifica community,
but also throughout the Bay Area.
They serve amazing dishes from seafood options ,
poultry , steak , vegan , vegetarian and GLUTEN FREE ..YAY!
Their cuisine is inspired by their environment in Pacifica ,
which happens to be a surfers paradise!!
A feature that Marc and I love about this restaurant , is that it is not just a place to eat/drink!
They offer live music on the weekends,
and an outside recreational area with a beautiful volleyball court!
YEAH!

Lets get back to the food/drink...


When I do decide to drink which is not that often, my "go to" is an "Agave sweetened Mojito"! 
It is difficult to find restaurants that will serve the refreshing beverage sweetened with agave nectar,
in fact the beverage is usually sweetened with "simple syrup"(sugar).
I love the ambiance of the restaurant , due to its causal yet elegant atmosphere. 
They served my beverage in a mason jar which I just loved ,since most of my beverages at my house
are served the same way!


Now,
this my friends makes me the happiest woman ..FRESH
IN HOUSE MADE TO ORDER GLUTEN FREE BREAD!!
AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you read my blog than you know I am gluten free ,
and it is incredibly difficult at times to find restaurants that will serve gluten free,
never the less gluten free breads!!!!!
It is lovely to be able to enjoy some "bread" before my meal!


Marc decided upon:
Polynesian Fire Chicken (limited availability)
Coconut forbidden rice, ginger broccolini, pineapple chutney, cumin jus

It smelled absolutely divine since the chicken had been marinating four hours,
and had been slow cooking on a rotisserie!!




I ordered a "special" item which consisted of :
Rib-eye, Broccolini , turnips , and carrots
It was delicious !!



For Desert we ordered the:
Triple Chocolate Brownie
Ganache coated and served with your choice of ice cream
Our waitress said that it was one of her favorites ,
and that they had turned it into a mud pie that was absolutely decadent,
and GLUTEN FREE! 
Well , 
she was right ! 
It was amazing and oh so indulgent!



When the check came our waitress presented it in a "Gluten -Free For DUMMIES" hand book!
It was hilarious and a perfect touch to a beautiful dinner!



I personally have steered away from the gym scene for the past couple weeks ,
and have opted for a more mind/body environment connection.
HIKING!
Since I am a core believer in the therapeutic effects that Pilates /Yoga can have on the mind ,
I also believe that cardio can reap the same benefits when done in a holistic manner.
Once I left my enclosed stuffy gym scene a few weeks ago,
and opened my mind to the therapy that is mother nature,
I not only received the gift of cardiovascular health,
but also the added bonus/stress relief that is breathing good ol FRESH AIR!


Marc and I found this great park in Redwood City on Saturday called
"Water Dog Lake Park".
It is a beautiful trail that leads you to a gorgeous lake, where
our puppy swam and received some much needed exercise.


Here is a picture of me with my 4 legged friend Knoxville
( Yes , after Johnny Knoxville ;) )



I stayed hydrated with H20 as well as this glorious organic "RUNA " beverage.
The beverage has  similar health benefits as "Yerba Mate",
and gives you natural energy without the jitters. 


Here is a picture of Marc hiking with the pooch :)



Ohhhh.... and I just couldn't resist a little photo-shop with some
lovey dovey kisses! :)




On Sunday...
I made a " Tangerine Smiles and Organic Spinach Dreams" smoothie which was divine!
I bought some locale Tangerines from the market and was instantly inspired to make a green smoothie!

Here is the recipe : 
1. 1TBSP Organic Almond Butter 
2. 1/2 Organic Banana 
3. 2-3 Organic Tangerines (cuties) 
4.1 Cup Frozen Spinach
5. 1/2 Cup Organic Almond Milk 
6. 1/2 Cup H20 
7. Blend and top with Chia/Flaxseeds 



For Dinner Marc and I got our clean eating on and made:

1.Avocado Balsamic Tangerine Salad

2.Soy,Ginger Orange glazed Grilled Chicken 

3.Grilled Honey Glazed Sweet Potato & Grilled Green Onion Salad 




                                       Just a healthy reminder :)

Peace and Love ,
Anna 

No comments:

Post a Comment